With the return of students to face-to-face instruction, BISD has created a dashboard (“the Dashboard”) to provide BISD families and staff with information about new active COVID-19 cases in the District. An “active case” is defined as an individual who has been in a BISD school and test-confirmed to have COVID-19. Individuals who test positive are excluded from participation in any in-person/on-campus activity until the campus nurse verifies that the individual meets the return criteria set by state and local health authorities.
This data will be updated each Friday afternoon. Click to view the Dashboard
At the Board’s regular monthly meeting, the board of trustees approved a resolution authorizing the District to provide COVID-19 leave until January 31, 2022.
The Resolution provides 10 days of COVID-19 leave for fully vaccinated employees only to use with the following conditions:
- The fully vaccinated employee tests positive for COVID-19.
- The fully vaccinated employee’s minor child tests positive for COVID-19 and must be cared for by the employee because the minor child is prohibited from attending their childcare or school.
- Documentation for the employee vaccination and proof of a COVID-19 positive test will be required.
- This Resolution is effective from July 1, 2021, through January 31, 2022. Any employees with these conditions in July or August 2021 may qualify for these additional days.
- Administration may bring an extension back to the Board at the January 2022 meeting if warranted.
- The vaccination requirement may be excused if an employee’s treating physician advises that the employee should not receive the vaccine due to an existing medical condition.