Category Archives: #BISDBond18
Voters approve BISD’s $252.8 million bond package
Today, Birdville Independent School District voters approved a $252.8 million bond package. Superintendent Dr. Darrell G. Brown praised the efforts of the Citizen’s Bond Committee, the Birdville Backers, BISD staff and community. “These groups spent countless hours working to educate the community about the bond proposal,” said Brown. “Thank you for your support of the children.”
Safety & Security
- Security Vestibules
- Intercom Systems on All Campuses
- Haltom Middle School
- Richland Middle School
- Smithfield Elementary School
- Cheney/Richland Elementary Schools (Partner School)
- Smithfield Middle School (Gym/Emergency Storm Shelter, Locker Rooms, Restrooms)
- Haltom High School (Classroom Enhancements/Auditorium Renovations)
- HVAC and Roofing Replacements
- Theater Lighting Upgrades at High Schools
- Additional Student/Classroom Technology
- Teacher/Staff Technology
- Network Operations/Disaster Recovery Servers and Equipment
With 56 of 69 precincts reporting, 34,691 total voters turned out with 25,329 voting For and 9,362 voting Against the bond package.
Dr. Brown is challenging all BISD staff who are registered to vote to cast their ballots in the Nov. 6 election. Once an individual has voted, post your individual or group pictures online with your “I Voted” sticker using #BISDVotes in the comments. Early voting is Oct. 22 – Nov. 2; Election Day is Tuesday, Nov. 6.
Early Voting Starts Today, Monday, October 22
Early voting on the #BISDBond18 begins today.
Vote anywhere in Tarrant County Oct. 22 – Nov. 2.
Early Voting Locations within Birdville ISD
Oct. 22–26: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Oct. 27: 7 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Oct. 28: 11 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Oct. 29 – Nov. 2: 7 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Haltom City Northeast Center
3201 Friendly Lane
Haltom City, 76117
Hurst Recreation Center
700 Mary Drive
Dan Echols Center
6801 Glenview Drive
North Richland Hills, 76180
645 Grapevine Highway
Oct. 30 – Nov. 1: 7 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Tarrant County College
Student Center NSTU 1506
828 W. Harwood Road
*For other Tarrant County locations, visit BISDbond18.net.
(Tarrant County allows early voting at any location within the county.)
Educator Voting Day
Educator Voting Day
Monday, October 22, 2018
How does this bond address safety and security?
The safety of our students and staff remains a top priority in Birdville ISD. District staff work diligently to maintain safe and secure facilities. What has been added/replaced in the past 48 months?
- Front door buzzer systems installed at all K–8 schools
- Obsolete security cameras replaced
- Card readers added to more than 92 doors throughout BISD
- Obsolete security video recorders replaced
- Security for Fine Arts/Athletics Complex
- Lighting and camera projects throughout BISD
The 2018 final bond proposal includes:
Providing enhanced security at all proposed rebuilt campuses
Provides safety vestibules at:
- North Oaks Middle
- North Ridge Middle
- Smithfield Middle
- Watauga Middle
- Academy at C.F. Thomas Elem.
- Foster Village Elementary
- Francisco Elementary
- Green Valley Elementary
- Hardeman Elementary
- Holiday Heights Elementary
- Mullendore Elementary
- North Ridge Elementary
- Porter Elementary
- Snow Heights Elementary
- Spicer Elementary
Provides intercom/communication systems to enhance safety on all campuses
Addition of lockdown buttons on all campuses