Leading the charge is an extraordinary group of Advanced Floral and Practicum students, who have made it their mission to make this even better than before!
Our Arrangement of the Month Club is a service offered in which members receive one arrangement per month that will be themed to the time of the year, season, or holiday! These arrangements will be available for members to pick up from the BCTAL campus on a pre-scheduled day each month, in a drive-through style manner. Each of the three types of memberships provides members one top-quality floral arrangement per month, for the average price of $30 each, which is an incredible deal for what our students have planned for you!
Annual Membership – $250
Annual members receive one seasonally-themed arrangement
each month (October – May).
Fall Membership – $125
Fall Members receive one seasonally-themed arrangement
each month (September – December)
Spring Membership – $125
Spring Members receive one seasonally-themed arrangement
each month (January – April)
To join the Club and begin your membership, please complete the registration form at the link below. Registration for membership into the 2021–22 Club will close on September 3rd, so join today! https://forms.gle/hP1cTgNUDkYb2wMq7
With the return of students to face-to-face instruction, BISD has created a dashboard (“the Dashboard”) to provide BISD families and staff with information about new active COVID-19 cases in the District. An “active case” is defined as an individual who has been in a BISD school and test-confirmed to have COVID-19. Individuals who test positive are excluded from participation in any in-person/on-campus activity until the campus nurse verifies that the individual meets the return criteria set by state and local health authorities.
This data will be updated each Friday afternoon. Click to view the Dashboard
The Board of Trustees met in regular session on Thursday, August 26. The following link will provide you a summary of actions taken at their meeting.
> View August 26, 2021 e-review
> View Board of Trustees Website
At the Board’s regular monthly meeting, the board of trustees approved a resolution authorizing the District to provide COVID-19 leave until January 31, 2022.
The Resolution provides 10 days of COVID-19 leave for fully vaccinated employees only to use with the following conditions:
- The fully vaccinated employee tests positive for COVID-19.
- The fully vaccinated employee’s minor child tests positive for COVID-19 and must be cared for by the employee because the minor child is prohibited from attending their childcare or school.
- Documentation for the employee vaccination and proof of a COVID-19 positive test will be required.
- This Resolution is effective from July 1, 2021, through January 31, 2022. Any employees with these conditions in July or August 2021 may qualify for these additional days.
- Administration may bring an extension back to the Board at the January 2022 meeting if warranted.
- The vaccination requirement may be excused if an employee’s treating physician advises that the employee should not receive the vaccine due to an existing medical condition.
Share one picture with your BISD family! Please upload one picture that shows what you did this summer. We will share our pictures at Convocation on Aug. 16. Pictures will be accepted until noon on Friday, Aug. 6.
Upload one picture to https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1WF_mkJn8rhkphO7bEsHboq8OdXVhvNE9?usp=sharing
Enjoy the rest of your summer!