The Board of Trustees met in regular session on Thursday, October 22. The following link will provide you a summary of actions taken at their meeting.
On Thursday, October 15, BISD Superintendent Dr. Darrell Brown announced changes to the 2020–21 school calendar. The District is adjusting the calendar to add five half days so teachers can effectively plan lessons for face-to-face and online students.
The revised calendar provides early release days in order for teachers to accomplish some of the following duties:
- Plan lessons for dual platforms
- Create student assignments
- Grade student assignments
- Conduct student conferences through Zoom
- Answer questions that have been posted in Chat and/or emails
- Provide tutorials through Zoom
The following days are now early release (half) days:
- Friday, October 30, 2020
- Friday, November 20, 2020
- Friday, December 18, 2020
- Friday, February 12, 2021
- Thursday, April 1, 2021
- Wednesday, May 26, 2021*
*It will be determined in April 2021 whether this is an early release day.
Early Release Schedules
(AM) 8:10–10:30 a.m.
(PM) 10:40 a.m. – 12:40 p.m.
8:10 a.m. – 12:40 p.m.
Middle School (6–8)
8:40 a.m. – 1:10 p.m.
High School (9–12)
Shannon High School
“The change to the calendar is needed to help our teachers ensure they are prepared to be effective with our students,” Dr. Brown said. “I appreciate how they are going above and beyond to plan and teach in two platforms (face-to-face and online), which has greatly increased the complexity of their work.”
Visit https://www.birdvilleschools.net/cms/lib/TX01000797/Centricity/Domain/1/2021Calendar.pdf to view the revised calendar.
BCTAL Blooms is excited to announce the return of our Arrangement of the Month Club. Leading the charge is an extraordinary group of Advanced Floral and Practicum students, who have made it their mission to outshine this pandemic and put their floral skills to the test!
Our Arrangement of the Month Club is a service offered in which members receive one arrangement per month that will be themed to the time of the year, season, or holiday! These arrangements will be available for members to pick-up from the BCTAL campus on pre-scheduled days each month in a drive-through manner. Members will select their desired pick-up time slot and our students will be there waiting with their arrangement packaged and ready to go. To ensure the safety of our members and students, each packaged arrangement will be sanitized and all CDC, BISD, and BCTAL COVID protocols will be followed.
This year, we are offering the three membership options below. Each option provides members one top-quality floral arrangement per month, for the average price of $25 each. I can promise you this is an incredible deal for what these students have planned for you!
- Annual Membership – $200 Annual members will receive one seasonally-themed arrangement per month from October to May.
- Fall Membership – $100 Fall members will receive one seasonally-themed arrangement for the months of October, November, December and January.
- Spring Membership – $100 Spring members will receive one seasonally-themed arrangement for the months of February, March, April and May.
To join the club and begin your membership, please complete the registration form at the link below. Registration for membership into the 2020–21 Club will close on Oct. 15, so join today!
This Club is used as a teaching and learning tool that provides our students with incredible real-world, hands-on, and industry-simulated experiences. Students are tasked with every aspect of executing these arrangements from the initial planning to handing the finished product to the customer, all of which is made possible by the generous and continued support from all of our BISD Family! If you have any questions, need additional information, or would like to discuss BCTAL Blooms helping with any other floral needs, please reach out to us at BCTAL.Blooms@Birdvilleschools.net.
Thank you and we look forward to serving you!
BCTAL Blooms Facilitator
Center of Technology and Advanced Learning
There is a lot of good happening around us every day. Sadly, we get so busy that we don’t stop to share the good news with others.
The #Birdvillenest is excited to announce that they are hosting a three-day EmpowerED 2020 Conference completely online this year.
#empowered2020 #birdvillelearns #scarygood2020
The Board approved a $500 employee incentive payment with the 2020–21 adopted budget in June. This payment will be paid in November 2020. At the Board’s regular monthly meeting on Thursday, Sept. 24, administration recommended to the Board that an additional one-time payment be payable in February 2021.
BISD’s board of trustees unanimously approved an additional one-time payment of $1,000 for all qualified full-time exempt employees and $500 for all full-time non-exempt (hourly) employees. One-half of the final approved amount will be provided to any qualified half-time employee based on their classification as exempt or non-exempt. This one-time payment is intended as a retention incentive to encourage employees to fulfill their commitment to the District.
“Trustees wanted to provide an additional incentive payment to all employees later in the year thanking them for their dedication to the students of Birdville ISD during this pandemic,” stated Superintendent Dr. Darrell Brown and Board President Jack McCarty. “This incentive payment will serve as a retention award for employees choosing to remain in Birdville ISD during the spring semester.”
2020-21 Salary Notifications will be generated the week of October 5th. All full-time employees will receive an email notification from HR/Birdville ISD with the subject Employee Salary Notification. Employees will be instructed to log into Munis Self-Service to verify their salary.
- Munis Employee Self-Service Login Issues or Reset Requests – A link for forgotten passwords isavailable on the Munis Employee Self-Service login screen. To request an account reset, open a Technology Service Request (BISD Homepage > For Staff > Technology Service Request).
- Please verify your email address in Munis Self-Service – Email notifications will be generated to the employee’s primary email address listed in Munis. Please verify your email address is correct.
- Requests for a salary review – All requests for salary reviews must be submitted through Munis Self Service. When requesting a review, please include t he specific information you wish an HR administrator to address in the Comments section of the form.
- Employees who log in to Munis Self-Service prior to receiving an email notification from HR/Birdville ISD will only be able to view their prior year’s salary information.
Updates will be posted in the announcements section on HR’s webpage.