At the Board’s regular monthly meeting, the board of trustees approved a resolution authorizing the District to provide COVID-19 leave until January 31, 2022.
The Resolution provides 10 days of COVID-19 leave for fully vaccinated employees only to use with the following conditions:
- The fully vaccinated employee tests positive for COVID-19.
- The fully vaccinated employee’s minor child tests positive for COVID-19 and must be cared for by the employee because the minor child is prohibited from attending their childcare or school.
- Documentation for the employee vaccination and proof of a COVID-19 positive test will be required.
- This Resolution is effective from July 1, 2021, through January 31, 2022. Any employees with these conditions in July or August 2021 may qualify for these additional days.
- Administration may bring an extension back to the Board at the January 2022 meeting if warranted.
- The vaccination requirement may be excused if an employee’s treating physician advises that the employee should not receive the vaccine due to an existing medical condition.