Attend Project Innovate training to receive your district issued iPad. It is open to all Birdville ISD Staff.
February and April classes are open for registration in Eduphoria Workshop. Click the links below to register now.
Note: An admission ticket is required for training. You will receive an email one week prior to training with activities you must complete to fill in your admission ticket. You must attend the full 2 hours to receive your Project Innovate iPad. Sessions begin at 4:00 or 4:30. Be sure to register for one that will allow you to arrive at the BISD Technology Department Training lab in time for the beginning of your session.
2017–18 Staff Days of Duty Calendar
> View Calendar
February 1 is the deadline to request compensation for unused leave if you are planning to retire at the end of the 2016 – 2017 school year.
> View More Information
AUSTIN – The Texas Education Agency today announced the nomination of 26 Texas public schools for national 2017 Blue Ribbon Schools recognition.
Founded in 1982, Blue Ribbon Schools is a U.S. Department of Education program that recognizes public and private elementary, middle and high schools where students perform at very high levels. The nominated schools in Texas include the following:
- Amarillo ISD – Whittier Elementary School
- Banquete ISD – Banquete Elementary School
Birdville ISD – Smithfield Elementary School
- Dallas ISD – Barack Obama Male Leadership Academy
- Dallas ISD – Dallas Environmental Science Academy
- Dallas ISD – Irma Lerma Rangel Women’s Leadership School
- Edinburg CISD – Austin Elementary School
- Edinburg CISD – Jefferson Elementary School
- El Paso ISD – Green Elementary School
- El Paso ISD – Silva Health Magnet
- Galveston ISD – Austin Middle School
- Gunter ISD – Gunter Elementary School
- Houston ISD – Eastwood Academy
- Houston ISD – Lyons Elementary School
- Jim Ned CISD – Lawn Elementary School
- Judson ISD – Crestview Elementary School
- KIPP Houston – KIPP Shine Prep
- La Porte ISD – Jennie Reid Elementary School
- Laredo ISD – Hector J. Garcia Early College High School
- Los Fresnos ISD – Rancho Verde Elementary School
- Montgomery ISD – Montgomery Intermediate School
- Oakwood ISD – Oakwood Elementary School
- San Antonio ISD – Travis Early College High School
- Whitehouse ISD – Stanton-Smith Elementary School
- Wylie ISD – RF Hartman Elementary School
- Ysleta ISD – Valle Verde Early College High School
All schools that have been nominated for the 2017 honor were selected as exemplary high performing schools as measured by state assessments. Each school has an economically disadvantaged population of 22 percent or greater.
The nominated schools must now complete a rigorous application process through the U.S. Department of Education. Announcements of the national award winners will be made in September 2017. Schools that receive the award are recognized at the Blue Ribbon Schools awards ceremony in Washington, D.C.
Congratulations to Alyssa Andrews, Richland High School Dixie Belle captain, for being selected to perform with a group at the Black Tie and Boots Inaugural Ball in Washington D.C. This event is sponsored by the Texas State Society of Washington D.C. Alyssa is one of only 25 Texas Dance Educators Association (TDEA) All-State dancers invited to perform at this prestigious event.
> Invitation Letter
TO ALL SCHOOL DISTRICT EMPLOYEES:
As your 403(b) Plan Administrator, we’d like to make you aware of your eligibility to participate in your employer’s 403(b) retirement plan. The 403(b) plan (often called a “tax-sheltered annuity” or TSA) is a voluntary plan that allows you to defer a portion of your paycheck to a retirement plan. This is a great benefit offered by your employer to help you bridge your retirement income gap and lower your taxes. Under federal tax law, you do not have to pay income taxes on
> Read Article
Sabrina Dowell, fifth-grade teacher at Mullendore Elementary, was recently published in the National Science Teachers Association’s Science and Children publication. She contributed to the article “Claims and Evidence: Creating opportunities for students to practice speaking and writing about science.” (Used by Permission)
> Read Article
New Birdville Twitter Chat Slow Chat Challenge: January 10 – 17 … TWEET TO BE ENTERED IN THIS WEEK’S PRIZE DRAWING
A SLOW CHAT:
What is it?
A week long (Tuesday-Tuesday) Twitter chat focused on a specific topic or question.
How does it work?
Throughout this week:
· Tweet your answer to the “I resolve …” question
· Retweet/Quote/Like other “I resolve …” tweets that you like
· Reply to other “I resolve …” tweets to ask questions or share ideas
· Tweet to share photos and examples of things you do throughout the week to make your resolution happen.
BIRDVILLE TUESDAY NIGHT TWITTER CHAT RETURNS JAN. 24 AT 8 p.m.
January 16, 2017
Please submit your flex day request for approval in eduphoria! formspace by January 10
> Flex Day Approval Instructions
If you are not approved for the January 16 flex day, CLICK HERE TO REGISTER FOR A DAY OF SIOP LEARNING.
*Those who attended the October 10 SIOP training will receive the next level of training